Children in the Corn tagged me for the 6 random things quest. Here is my go at it:
- I am learning to play violin – though a friend says he’s never seen anyone smile playing violin…he assures me I should play fiddle because everyone smiles while playing fiddle!
- I don’t like hot chocolate but I drank many cups of it while wooing my wife in college.
- I have three degrees: B.A., M.A., M.S. for which I am still paying.
- I am an Eagle Scout
- I love Big Band music more than any other type
- I grew up in a small town of around 500 people…not a single stop light in the entire county.
I don’t know a lot of folks who would likely complete this so I will tag “Anonymous”. If you want to participate, please do. I think it is pretty fun to read random stuff about other people. Let me know if you do a post…
Now, since I am onto random, here are some more random things:
- I am home with Abigail today as she is sick.
- By profession, I am a software engineer but I would love to live a more simple life. I think I could easily be a full-time farmer…if it would pay the bills.
- I love hot weather.
- My favorite cake is red velvet
- I have been stung hundreds of times by bees. It barely even hurts any more.
- My favorite movie is probably Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood. I also like the BBC version of Jane Austin’s Pride and Prejudice.
- M*A*S*H is the all time best tv program ever followed by Dukes of Hazzard and Airwolf
That’s all for now!
12 thoughts on “6 Random Things”
Oh Man, I LOVE BBCs version of Pride and Prejudice!!!! (Of course, I find Colin Firth can draw me to just about anything, but that’s besides the point!:) Thanks for playing along warren!
Poor Abigail, I hope she is feeling better soon!
I agree, reading random things are a lot of fun for some reason. Probably because inside, people are nosy and curious. Haha 🙂 I love red velvet cake also and small towns rock. I could never live in a big city! I get nervous in traffic.
I have two awesome sons who married awesome women and have two awesome grandchildren.
I work at the Courthouse
I love small towns–especially the one we live in
Love baking pies — mostly fruit pies
The snow is beautiful when I can stay inside and look out
Also like to see bears from the inside looking out
Love the water–there’s a dam near our home
Love my dad and miss my mom
It’s nice to “get to know” you a little bit more.
I hope Abigail feel better soon!
I didnt know you were an eagle.
I would like to see some of your childhood “pinewoods”!!!
I am posting Joshuas car from last year right now…check it out. 🙂
Red Velvet Cake FTW!! (friend found me a gluten-free version, nom-nom-nom)
We had one stop light and 1000 people, guess that makes me big city, lol!
We keep bees too but because of CCD lost 7 colonies two years ago. We are down to one. Very, very sad.
Enjoy your blog thoroughly! Kim
That would sorta feel like a big city. I remember the first time I drove in a town with a stop light. The closest light was about 25 miles away. I drove the van there and had to change lanes too…it was terrifying!
Neat to learn more about you!! Maybe you’ll post a video of your violin playing?
tipper – I have been practicing my Christmas carols and I may post something about violin…if I ever feel confident enough to pull it off!
How’s the violin playing going? I think that is REALLY cool.
I wish I could play something (I can make a pig squeel but that doesn’t count.)
Dora Renee’ Wilkerson
DRW – I mostly am getting better though it is a really frustrating instrument (maybe they all are?). Still, I can play a bunch of fairly basic songs and stuff. I won’t ever be in a symphony though…
Comments are closed.